Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
What is Command?
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations (formerly Project: Red Pill) is a comprehensive wargame of air & naval (and limited ground) military operations from post-WW2 to the near future, covering scenarios of both total-war and low-intensity/other-than-war situations. The scale is primarily tactical/operational, although strategic-scale operations are also possible.
- Powerful, intuitive 3D-globe (Google Earth-style) user interface with multiple map layers
- Aircraft, surface ships, submarines, land units, strategic & space forces are at your disposal
- Extensive, detailed simulation databases modeling faithfully the capabilities & limitations of each asset
- Plenty of scenarios covering multiple historic and hypothetical conflicts, plus an integrated scenario editor
- Tremendous flexibility of scale: From counter-piracy skirmishes to strategic nuclear war
- Detailed modeling of air (including near-space) and naval operations, both surface and underwater, supported by high-quality physics, sensor/EW, terrain and weather, weapon and damage models
- Good modeling of land-based forces (relevant to air/naval/space operations)
- Mine and mine-countermeasure operations
- Nuclear operations (possibly other special-weapon categories)
- Recorder & replay ability
Command is currently under intense development. Internal beta-testing has already commenced and the beta pool is likely to expand in the immediate future. Check the official Command forum frequently for updates.
Release date? Publisher?
Command will be published and distributed by Matrix Games. The current target for release is 2013.
SCREENSHOTS & MORE
Another first by Command: Ship docking operations